[ Masterweb Reorts: Ayo Oshewolo writes Gov. Fashola ] -Until recently I have never witnessed such bizarre and stupefying scenes in Lagos like I did when I was in a colleague’s car, driving back from work between Anthony-Oke Bus stop and Oshodi-Oke Bus stop. This was barely some few minutes after eight in the evening, and right in front of Barrack Bus stop, where we ran into a heavy traffic that began to ease out slowly. Suddenly, three menacing looking young boys walked to the expressway and started meandering through cars. Instantly, I sensed and told my friend that these were hoodlums. They sat briefly on the median pavement. You could see an air of evil written all over them. The next thing I saw was that they started walking around cars. One of them went to a black jeep and attempted to open the front door on the passenger’s side. Apparently realising that it had been centrally locked, he backed off and walked away to look for a victim to attack. I couldn’t belief what I saw! It was like a movie, but this was real! I could see fear-ridden car owners looking on helplessly. There was no security operative in sight. Everyone was on his own! And my colleague said, “This is Lagos, this is the situation we have found ourselves!” Deep within, I wondered why this should not be nipped in the bud immediately by our able security operatives under the leadership of our amiable Governor. Something must be wrong.
We had barely gotten over this first shock than the next one surfaced almost immediately. This time, we were right on top of Oshodi Bridge. A lady who must have been coming back from work after a tiring day was walking towards the end of the bridge, clutching her handbag and some other belongings. Two young teenage boys came right after her like hungry hawks with an obvious intent to snatch her bag. The streetlights on the bridge were fully on, cars headlights were blazing, everywhere was bright, and it wasn’t dark at all. So, what emboldened these people to attack innocent citizens without any repulsion? I almost came down to fend them off her, but my friend advised me not to because we were driving on the middle lane. We were not absolutely sure if that lady got away without being harmed by those boys. Something needs to be done urgently!
These same brazen attacks are recurring almost on a weekly basis under the bridge at Toyota Bus stop - close to the Army Resettlement centre - once there is a traffic congestion. I humbly request that our action Governor step in and put an end to this. Our team of gallant soldiers in collaboration with the Police can nip this in the bud under the command of Governor Fashola. These hoodlums can be seen everywhere under the bridge in Oshodi - busy smoking away Indian hemps openly every morning, loitering and sleeping all day, only to start attacking workers on their way home in the evening brazenly with impunity. Governor Fashola can put together some special security patrol teams, some in uniform and some in mufti, whose special duty is to patrol all the dangerous spots of the city at night and keep Lagos safe from the hands of vagabonds and hoodlums. I am fully persuaded that with the help of God, our amiable governor will bring a lasting solution to this.
Eko Oo Ni Baje O!
Email: c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
*Photo Caption - Governor Fashola
[ Masterweb Reports: Fejiro Oliver ] - If Senator Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa had told Deltans that he was organizing a crusade; he would have smiled to the bank on Monday as what happened at the Oghara township stadium, headquarters of Ethiope West was more than a campaign rally.
The governorship hopeful convoy which left Asaba at 9:15am landed the expectant town around 11:03 where Okowa went to pay homage to the King of Oghara, Ovie Noble Eshemitan (Uku Oghara N’ame III) in his palace alongside the State Governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan. At the palace, the King who could not hide his feelings for Okowa confessed that he has been adopted by the Urhobos; thus killing the much preached Uvwiamuge Declaration of the Urhobo Progress Union (UPU).
The sea of head that graced the occasion waited expectantly like the biblical passage of the ‘waiting for the manifestation of the Sons of God’ and truly, the son of man came into the venue amidst shouts of “Okowa, prosperity” renting the air, while his ever smiling face beamed radiance to the joyous crowd.
At exactly 12:45 pm, Uduaghan arrived at the venue adorning the same Urhobo attire of blue wrapper and white resource control shirt with Okowa. Speaking at the event, the South South Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Chairman, Cairo Ojuigbo passed a message to former members of the PDP who have defected to other parties to contest.
“We are giving anyone who has left the party 48 hours to return or he will be expelled from the party”, Cairo warned. Former Governor of Bayelsa State, DSP Alamesigha who was sent by the National body of the party in his speech noted that “We shall not allow that office (President) to be occupied by the opposition. It is the property of the South South for now”, a statement which the party faithful applauded.
And the man of the moment, Ifeanyi Okowa was given the microphone at exactly 1:22 pm to address the audience. In his usual style, he sang a worship song to God, just like he did during his declaration. Preaching unity to Deltans, he pleaded that they vote for him massively to enable the prosperity he preached about to reach the whole of Delta State. He promised to build two more industrial parks in the State if elected as a governor, while making sure that the agriculture sector receive boost to enable Deltans have food on their table.
He thanked the governor as well as James Ibori for building a Delta where there are roads linking each other in the State, a feat which is not in other states in the country. While dissuading Deltans not to be deceived by the opposition who changes name and party every year to contest; he emphasized on the unity of the PDP which has remain same since it was founded and with the word “I love you”, he beamed with smile and gave his running mate, Kingsley Otuaro to speak.
The campaign train moved to Warri North; Uduaghan Local Government, where hundreds of people waited patiently for him. Speaking to the people; he said that his governorship race has been a prophecy so far. He reminded the loyal electorates on how he stated during his primaries that Uduaghan will hand over to him and a particular medium (Vanguard Newspaper) went with a creaming headline that he was boasting. “I didn’t boast. I only knew that since I was the Director General of Patrick Osakwe Senatorial Campaign and when he was to leave the Senate; he handed over to me. Again on December 13th 2006, His Excellency called me to be his Director General, and again I knew that since I was his DG and he is leaving; he will also hand over to me”.
He praised the governor for providing an enabling ground for all aspirants to contest the primaries freely; unlike other states where they are still having problems. He promised the people of Warri North that he will complete all ongoing projects in their domain while ensuring that he do more for them. “When you whisper; I will hear you”, he told them
*Photo Caption - Senator Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa
[ Masterweb Reports: Adewale T Akande reports ] - It is very correct that everything connected with nature and natural laws is based upon cause and effect. Invariabl, every problem we all witnessing today caused by our decisions and we definitely have to be part of the solutions. Gandhi rightly said “We must become the change we seek in the world” some years ago. To buttress this assertion, Barrack Obama said on the 5th of February, 2008 in Chicago, that a “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change we seek”. The development of any democratic nation of the world is a struggle towards three closely related understandings according to Moore. They includeto check arbitrary rulers; to replace arbitrary rules with just and rational ones and lastly to obtain a share for the underlying population in the making of rules.In a truly democratic set-up, the mechanism to achieve this laudable feat is through exercise of political right which is the right to vote and be voted for. Voting is an adequate mechanism for a positive change if there is a free and fair election. Voting is a not a yardstick for representatives to disconnect from the citizens after the election and loot the treasury.
The concept of democracy explains the system of governance in which the people choose leaders by casting their votes which is regarded as their sacred power. Besides, to achieve a lasting and ideal democratic regime, an electoral democracy should be along the same line with the liberal democracy which includes the governance by rule of law and the protection of civil liberties. That is why a former American President, Thomas Jefferson opined that without liberal democracy, electoral democracy is “nothing more than mob rule where 51 percent of the people may take away the rights of the other 49”.
Meanwhile, if there is a way a democratic government enjoys authority by voting, there should always be the same format of ballot mechanism to show the way out to wanting government. This is not always the same in African context of democracy due to election rigging and mal-practices on the part of the incumbent government and lack of massive participation on the part of the eligible voters. Though psychologists and political scientists explain non-participation of individual behavior depends of rational expectations and lack of trust for the government of the day, but people personal participation can influence the outcome of elections and political decisions. There is no party that cannot win or lose an electionin a situation of classical grassroots commitment, effective use of latest communication network and unbiased personal participation. Participation should not be viewed only to win an election but winning for the purpose of changing the nation for the best.
Voting is an important aspect of citizens’ responsibility. It occurs when eligible voters of a nation defy sun or rain to go to polls and cast their votes for those candidates they think would make good leaders. The greatest opportunity for a change is voting in democratic society. A vote is regarded as a present possession that keeps people from repeating the past mistake in the future. What or whom voters vote for determines the things or events that will eventually bless or mar their happiness. The most vital thing to the society is who you want to vote for and not who other people want to vote for. We are in this present situation today as a result of decisions taken and accepted as true. A purpose does what it must, talent does what it can, but en-masse voting brings what you want.All eligible voters should register and vote en-masse for the best candidate with trust, integrity and credibility who will serve them better. Our choice (not chance) determines our destiny. Any eligible voter that refuses to vote has already been defeated by bad representati in government. People that do not vote have to wait so long for the future which has already gone. The less people vote in an election, the more the chances of bad candidates and mediocres to be in government.An adult who does not vote is a slave and at the same time like a person waiting to board a ship at the airport. Sow better seeds by voting for the right candidates and you reap better lives. Your vote can change your life.
Finally, the electoral authority handling elections must be independent and not partial in order to ensure election results that reflect the wishes of the masses. The electoral body has sole responsibility of conducting a free and fair election in any nation and they must be accountable for this activity. The beauty of voting exercise is that you are free to decide within yourself and your conscience the best aspiring patriotic professional candidate of integrity to represent your constituency without any fear or favour. Also, you havethe right of confidentiality in casting your secret ballot without any intimidation. Your vote is your power for positive change. It is your destiny. Your vote is the fight for the future civilization that has to be won. Your vote is not only to win the war but to win the long expected peace and freedom. Your vote will make you stand together until the end. It is the only answer to the problems. George Jean Nathan make it clearer sa “Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote”. Your vote is your voice. The voice of the people is the voice of God (voxpopullivox Dei). Remember, you are free to choose your candidate but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Adewale T Akande,
An Author and Road Safety Traffic Consultant
based in Barcelona, Spain. email@example.com Tel;0034632511469 (Spain) / 002348125896631(Nigeria)
*Photo Caption - Nigerians casting their vote
[ Masterweb Reports ] – Christmas is an ideal time to express love and good wishes for those we care about. Masterweb cares about all her readers, their families, friends and associates, and wishes them " Merry Xmas & A Happy New Year". May your holiday season be blessed with the true meaning of Christmas. May the timeless message of Christmas fill your heart and home with joy today, new year and years to come. May Africa, the Middle East and the rest of the world find the much peace they deserve. No more wars, nor hunger - May the....... Read More
*Photo Caption - Your Xmas & New Year card
[ Masterweb Reports: Dr. Deborah Nelson writes Tinubu ] - 1. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was imprisoned on trumped-up charges by Hausa Fulani controlled Federal Government of Nigeria [FGN] because they could not manipulate him. However, following the rebellion by Eastern Region against FGN and likely secession of Western Region from Nigeria, Chief Awolowo was released from prison and appointed Federal Commissioner of Finance and Vice Chairman of Federal Executive Council [FEC]. Because of Chief Awolowo’s sincere and selfless contributions to the fatherland, Western Region did not secede and the Civil War was brought to an end earlier than it would have been without him. But when General Mohammed overthrew General Gowon in 1975, he dropped Chief Awolowo as Federal Commissioner of Finance and abolished the office of Vice Chairman of FEC. The question is, if the military could work with a civilian Vice Chairman of FEC during the civil war, what genuine excuse did late General Mohammed have to abolish it after the civil war? Next to this was the barefaced rigging of 1979 presidential elections by FGN in favour of a Fulani Grade 2 teacher, Alhaji Shehu Shagari. In summary, Hausa Fulani politicians jailed Chief Awolowo on trumped-up charges because they could not manipulate him, they later released him from jail so that he could assist them to keep Nigeria united for them to plunder her resources and finally dumped him unceremoniously the moment they achieved their aim.
2. During Alhaji Shehu Shagari’s administration, Chief MKO Abiola used his Concord Newspapers to relentlessly denigrate Chief Awolowo while singing praises of President Shagari’s government to high heavens. However, when Chief Abiola wanted to contest for presidential ticket against Alhaji Shagari on NPN platform, he was derisively advised to forget it because, according to Alhaji Umaru Dikko, ‘presidency is not for sale’. During Babangida’s transition program, he won the presidential elections on the platform of SDP, but was disallowed from exercising the mandate because he was not a core north Muslim. His attempts to claim the mandate led to his unlawful imprisonment and mysterious death in prison. As if these were not enough, his wife, Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was also assassinated.
3. General Olusegun Obasanjo reluctantly assumed power as a military Head of State following assassination of General Mohammed. He knew that if he should openly express interest to replace late General Mohammed, core north military officers would definitely waste him. During this period, real executive powers were exercised by Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters, late General Shehu Yar’ Adua. As a nominal Head of State, General Obasanjo presided over state sponsored manipulations of the presidential elections and Judiciary in favour of Alhaji Shehu Shagari in 1979. Following the death of Chief MKO Abiola in prison and the need to pacify your people, core north reached out for Chief Obasanjo, believing that they would be able to manipulate him as before. They first wanted to assassinate him to pave way for his Vice, Alhaji Abubakar Atiku to takeover power. However, they decided to test likely response of your people by spreading rumors of his assassination. Core north was shocked to note that your people were solidly behind Chief Obasanjo, though they did not vote for him. Their plan to impeach him was also vehemently resisted by your people. In their misguided determination to disgrace Chief Obasanjo out of office, core north introduced Sharia Laws in their states and this led to massive destruction of lives and properties of Christians in the north. Consequently, Muslims and Christians do not trust each other and there is no major town in the north today that both Muslims and Christians live together in peace.
4. A contingent of the army of old Oyo Empire under the command of Aare-Ona Kakanfo Afonja was dispatched to Ilorin to protect Igbomina Yoruba people against Nupe slave raiders by Alafin Aole. Afonja later rebelled against the Alafin and declared Ilorin independent of old Oyo empire. In order to sustain his independence, he invited a Fulani charm maker, Sheik Shehu Alimi to relocate to Ilorin from Kuwa so that he could benefit from the Sheik’s spiritual powers. He recruited slaves from everywhere, including old Oyo Empire into his army and granted them enormous powers because he believed the slaves would be more loyal to him than his soldiers. However, Aare-Ona Kakanfo Afonja was later murdered by the slaves when he tried to bring them under his control. When Sheik Alimi died, he was succeeded by his son, Abdul Salami. With the support of the slaves that killed Aare Ona Kakanfo Afonja, Abdul Salami eliminated all perceived obstacles to his ambition to transform Ilorin into an Emirate. In 1823, he declared Ilorin an Emirate, installed himself as the Emir and pledged allegiance to Sokoto Caliphate. Today, none of your people can become Emir of Ilorin, and their traditional rulers are under the Emir, a descendant of itinerant Fulani charm maker because of Afonja’s treachery and inordinate ambition.
5. The real APC’s presidential candidate for 2015 presidential election will be either Buhari, Kwankwarso or Abubakar Atiku, all Hausa Fulani Muslims. Amongst these three crown princes of APC, you prefer General Buhari [rtd] with yourself as the VP. Sir, have you made any genuine effort to know the ‘man’ General Buhari [rtd]? As Head of State, General Buhari [rtd] promulgated Decree 4 to cage press freedom because he felt the press wrongly accused him of stealing billions of US Dollars as a Petroleum Minister. He also promulgated a retroactive Decree which he used to execute Mr Bathlomew Owo and two others by firing squad for an offence they committed even before he became Head of State. In his interview in 2013 with Desert Herald, a Kaduna based Weekly, he promised never to either forget or forgive Chief Obasanjo for undisclosed reasons. In his penchant to burn fingers that feed him, he planned to court marshal General Babangida on trumped-up charges even though it was General Babangida who installed him the Head of State after risking his life to topple the Shagari’s government. After the military coup, ex President Shehu Shagari, a Fulani Muslim like him, was placed under a house arrest in a well furnished Guest House with unfettered access to good things of life while the ex Vice Presdident, Dr Alex Ekweme, a Christian of Igbo extraction was dumped in Kiri Kiri maximum security prison with common criminals. Sir, it may interest you to note that the Buharis regard the rest Nigerians as ‘infidels’, all Yoruba Muslims inclusive. As the Chairman of PTF, over 70% of all major projects successfully executed by PTF were located in North West Geopolitical Zone. He ordered National Security Organisation [NSO] to kidnap Alhaji Umaru Dikko in London and bring him dead or alive to Lagos. Is it proper for anyone to borrow N27.5 million from a Bank without collateral and invest the whole money in politics as he did?
6. Sir, you are the undisputed kingmaker in APC and all core north politicians look up to you for direction and favour. You used this leverage to force Kwankwarso to install the disgraced Governor of Central Bank , Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the Emir of Kano. Driven by hatred for the Obasanjos and desire to emerge as the leader of your people, you masterminded the installation of Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal as Speaker of Federal House of Representatives, thereby denying your people the post zoned to them by PDP. You joined forces with Hausa Fulani Muslims, the most conservative ethnic group in Nigeria to form a political party, APC, whose only objective is to wrest power from President Jonathan at any cost.
7. Sir, as you enjoy the ride on tiger’s back and crying more than the bereaved, please always note that one day the tiger will do the ‘needful’. I have made some efforts above to draw your attention to what Hausa Fulani people did to your people on more than three instances. You may wish to find time out of your very busy schedules to ponder over these questions. Why did core north military officers install Lieutenant Colonel Yakubu Gowon as the Head of State instead of the most senior military officer then from the south in line with military tradition? What led to Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s imprisonment? What led to Chief MKO Abiola’s imprisonment and subsequent death in prison? What were the reasons behind the creation of Mid-Western Region and Ekiti State from Western Region and Ondo State respectively? What led to the transformation of Ilorin to an Emirate. Why is it that all Yoruba traditional rulers in Kwara state are under the Emir of Ilorin, a descendant of itinerant Fulani charm maker? Why was Oyo Empire moved southwards to its present location? What was the cardinal reason that propelled General Babangida to overthrow Major General Buhari? Sir, no successful leader ignores lessons learnt from history.
8. In Julius Caesar written by Williams Shakespeare, Julius Caesar ignores warnings from a soothsayer and Artemidorus because of arrogance. He thinks nothing can hurt him because he, ‘Caesar’, is more dangerous than danger. This ‘greater than thou’ attitude of Julius Caesar leads to his assassination by Brutus and his fellow conspirators. Sir, here is a portion from Artemidorus’s letter to Julius Caesar for your necessary actions ‘THERE IS BUT ONE MIND IN ALL THESE MEN……..IF THOU BEEST NOT IMMORTAL, LOOK ABOUT YOU, SECURITY GIVES WAY TO CONSPIRACY’. Apart from these Hausa Fulani politicians, there are many credible northerners APC can field as its presidential candidate in 2015 and Sam Nda-Isaiah is one of them. I doubt if you will give this a serious thought because Sam Nda-Isaiah is a Christian. Please learn from what Hausa Fulani Muslims did to Aare Ona Kakanfo Afonja, Chief Awolowo and Chief MKO Abiola just to mention a few and adjust accordingly. Sir, if you decide to ignore this advice, please be prepared to go into self exile again if General Buhari [rtd] becomes president of Nigeria because he will definitely use you to demonstrate his resolve to fight corruption. Security gives way to conspiracy, Senator Tinubu, be wise and watch your back.
Dr. Deborah Nelson
*Photo Caption - As seen.
[ Masterweb Reports: Alpha P. Conteh reports ] - Kindness is the sense governing one’s thought to do what is right and cruelty, on the other hand, is the sense governing one’s thought to do what is wrong. In spite of the fact that kindness and cruelty are on the opposite spectrums of life, both could yield happiness. Happiness is the state of feeling pleasure or contentment in something, it is that end-state of one’s governing conscience. Conscience is the sense governing one’s thought to do what is right instead of doing what is wrong. What is wrong or right and by extension the perception on conscience is a function of the dictates of culture and society. Thus although driven by conscience and could create that state of happiness, kindness and cruelty are actually mutually exclusive.
It is all now crystal clear that it is culture that molds our perceptions on conscience and happiness, which mold us as kind or cruel people. The virtues of culture have been responsible for our historical past and will also continue to chart our future destiny. There is the European culture, the American culture, the Asian culture, the Australian culture and the African culture. Of course this can be broken down into the cultures of the tribes of individual countries if perceived so sensible. Historically, we have learned just so much of the British culture of slavish colonization and so too have we learned about the African culture of unconditional kindness. Of course there is an endless list of the cultures of other countries identified with colonization, slavery, cruelty and kindness. Irrespectively, these virtues define our perceptions not only on kindness and cruelty, but also on conscience and happiness and mold the human social world.
In this contemporary world, our cultures are, in a profound way, once again redefining our perceptions on conscience and happiness remolding our behaviors as kind or cruel people. While the West and East are relentless in strengthening the moral conscience of kindness, the directionless African world is hurriedly relapsing into immoral conscience of cruelty. A Sierra Leonean local proverb says that when the “hindhead” does not shy, the forehead wallows in happiness. This implies that he who does not have conscience is always happy. Not being able to tell wrong from right or deliberately righting wrong over right is indicative of complete lack of conscience. When this is the case, you take pleasure in the sufferings your actions inflict on others, and by definition become cruel. As this is generally the case in Africa than in other continents, the situation in Sierra Leone can be used to epitomize the level of cruelty unleashed by African Governments on the people of their own societies.
Much of the history of Sierra Leone can be explained in terms of the happenings in two political parties — SLPP and APC. If political parties can be distinguished by ideology, then it cannot be any more so for the SLPP and APC parties in Sierra Leone. Here, though, we will endeavor to compare and contrast SLPP and APC in terms of the conscience of kindness and cruelty. But before we delve further into this analysis on SLPP and APC in terms of these virtues of life, we will like to put this debate out to the public, especially Sierra Leoneans. With your feedback, we will continue this discussion in our next edition of this article.
Please remember that kindness and cruelty are two virtues on the opposite spectrums of life. A party of conscience of kindness is a party that operates on the rule of law, a party that evenly and fairly applies the laws of the state and in every sector of life, including in recruitment for public service positions, awarding scholarships for local and international studies, and awarding contracts to companies and businesses. On the other hand, a party of conscience of cruelty is a party that operates above the rule of law, a party that unevenly and unfairly applies the laws of the state and in every sector of life, including in recruitment for public service positions, awarding scholarships for local and international studies, and awarding contracts to companies and businesses. With this, we look forward to receiving your candid opinions.
God Bless Sierra Leone!
Alpha P. Conteh ( Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ) reports.
*Photo Caption - As seen.
[ Masterweb Reports: Dr Deborah Nelson reports ] - 1. Majority of politicians who encourage you to re-contest in 2015 do not share in your vision. Most of them, especially Hausa Fulani politicians, want to ride on your popularity to victory politically. Today, even Mallam El Rufai who insulted you and described you as a ‘perpetually unelectable’ politician in 2010 is now singing your praises. So, what has changed between then and now other than El Rufai’s selfish desire to use you to achieve his political ambition? Just take a look at his campaign posters in Kaduna and judge for yourself. This was the same reason that led to massive influx of politicians, mostly Hausa Fulani politicians into CPC in 2011. They know that without you, they are politically dead, hence, they will continue to flatter you, insult your perceived political opponents and pretend to support you in order to ensure your continuous participation in partisan politics for their selfish interests.
2. Most Nigerian politicians are thieves, including members of your party, APC. Currently, all lawmakers in NASS, irrespective of party affiliation, are cooperating amongst themselves to steal public funds. If any of them or any Nigerian politician believes that you will fight corruption if elected into office as Nigerian president, he or she will not vote for you. Do not be deceived because they are into politics primarily to steal public funds and protect their ill gotten wealth as long as they live. In addition, there are thousands of very corrupt and influential Nigerians such as ex-presidents, ex-governors, contractors, etc who had already corruptly enriched themselves. As long as these thieves are alive, they will go to any length to ensure that your path to Aso Rock Villa is strewn with impassable obstacles.
3. You supported introduction of Sharia Laws in the north in 2000 and advised Muslims to vote only for politicians who would protect Islam. When ex-Governor Yerima was criticized for amputating a Muslim’s hand for stealing, you supported it and asked’ what is wrong if, according to Sharia Laws, Muslims cut off another Muslim’s hand for stealing?’ You said that Boko Haram terrorists were fighting for their rights like Niger Delta militants did. You also called on Federal Government to grant them amnesty and stop dropping bombs on ‘innocent northerners’. In recognition of your support, Boko Haram terrorists nominated you to lead their delegation for negotiation with Federal Government. A member of European Parliament, Mr Franz Obermayr accused you of sponsoring Boko Haram terrorists, but up till date you have not reacted to this weighty allegation. Also, you have not even for once condemned the on going widespread destruction of lives and properties of northern minorities by Fulani herdsmen in the north. Because of these amongst others, you are the most popular living politician amongst Hausa Fulani Muslims, especially Islamic fundamentalists who believe that you are the ‘Amir’ who will surely implement Sharia Laws in Nigeria. For the same reasons Sir, non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians fear and detest you with a passion, especially northern minorities who are being butchered daily by Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram terrorists.
4. You won a total of 12,214,853 votes during the presidential election in 2011. Out of these, you got 10,078,356 votes [82.5% of the votes]from Hausa Fulani and Kanuri dominated states in North West Geopolitical Zone [NWGZ] and North East Geopolitical Zone [NEGZ]. From your geopolitical zone alone, NWGZ, you secured 53% [ 6,453,437 votes] of the total votes, [12,214,853 votes]. However, you did not secure the mandatory 25% of votes cast in any state in the south. Though you did not even campaign in those states, you expected Nigerians in those states to vote for you, Sir, what do you take them for? As expected, you said the elections were rigged in those states which you did not win, but free, fair and credible in those states which you won. The fact is that whether you campaign or not, you will always win elections in those Hausa Fulani and Kanuri dominated states. But Sir, the opinions held by a high percentage of the rest Nigerians about you are just too negative. Some of your praise singers are collaborating with Sahara Reporter Newspaper to produce bogus online opinion polls in your favour. Sir, you may wish to hold political rallies outside Hausa Fulani/Kanuri dominated towns to see things for yourself.
5. Sir, your real supporters are product of Almajiri System of Islamic Education whose upbringing does not permit independent and logical analysis of any situation. They are programmed to accept whatever their leaders tell them without reasoning. They consider the use of violence to settle any dispute as a norm and they rarely travel out of their immediate environments. They believe that implementation of Sharia Laws will transform Nigeria into a paradise and they strongly believe that you are the only trustworthy politician who will guarantee Sharia Laws in Nigeria. They believe that Hausa Fulani Muslims constitute 80% of Nigerian population and because of this mindset, they conclude that you must win in any election even if nobody votes for you in other parts of the country. Unfortunately Sir, you also believe that you are so popular that no Nigerian politician can defeat you in a free and fair election, hence, your penchant to condemn any election as being rigged whenever you do not win. Sir, the truth is, most non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians do not want you as their leader for whatever reason.
6. Judging from your antecedent Sir, election is only free, fair and credible when you win. You emerged as a presidential candidate in 2003, 2007 and 2011 through consensus arrangement. You want APC’s presidential candidate, preferably you, to emerge through consensus. Now, Hausa Fulani pressure groups such as ACF and NEF have sprung into action to cause Tambuwal, Atiku and Kwankwaso to step down for you. As for Sam Nda-Isaiah, since he is not a Hausa Fulani Muslim, ACF and NEF do not consider it worthy to even approach him to step down for you. Sir, if you are as popular as you believe, please go through indirect primary election with the rest presidential aspirants, stop begging Senator Tinubu to anoint you APC’s presidential candidate and withdraw your ‘attack dogs’ from further intimidating other presidential aspirants to step down for you.
7. Sir, you are reputed to be an incorruptible retired General with impeccable integrity. These two qualities had been your unique selling points amongst politicians, but two decisions you took of recent have cast doubt on them. In 2011 you promised that you would never contest for elective office again and sealed it with a rich dose of tears. Last month in Abuja, you dishonored that promise because according to you, many Nigerians begged you to come and ‘rescue the nation’. You said a delegation from Niger state and another one from Kano state came to beg you. Sir, can you also mention any delegation that begged you from any non-Hausa Fulani state, none for sure. Recently, you said Mallam El Rufai was the one who prevailed on you to change your mind. You described him as ‘ a kind of person that will respect you if you respect yourself and if you don’t respect yourself, he will help you go down the drain.’ Sir. when he insulted you and described you as a ‘perpetually unelectable ‘ person in 2010, was it because you did not respect yourself? Sir, it seems you have embraced doublespeak as a tool in your political career, so, under what circumstance will it be advisable for Nigerians to believe anything you say again?
8. Sir, as if the self-mutilation of your much trumpeted ‘impeccable integrity’ was not enough, you told Nigerians how you got a loan of N27.5 million on a ‘man know man basis’ from a Bank in Kaduna by telephone call in less than 12 hours without a collateral to buy APC nomination forms. Sir, these are your words ‘ N27.5 million is a big sum, thankfully I have a personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and early this morning, I put an early call, I told him that very soon the forms are coming so, whether I am on red or green or even black, please honour it, otherwise I may lose the nomination’. Sir, please, ignore your ‘praise singers and attack dogs’ but enlist the services of lawyers who will be sincere and bold enough to explain the full weight of this transaction to you. Every aspect of this transaction is corruption personified. If you are this poor, whether you win or not, how do you intend to repay the loan? How will you fund your campaigns? Is it the right thing for a poor person to borrow N27.5 million from a bank without collateral and invest the whole money in gambling [politics]? Sir, a lot of questions begging for answers. In a society where politicians respect themselves and do not see election as a do or die issue, the least you ought to have done since, is to return people’s money [N27.5m] to the owners [the Bank], apologize to Nigerians and withdraw from partisan politics. But here in Nigeria, anything goes, especially when one’s ability to reason objectively is irretrievably impaired by ‘born-to-rule’ syndrome and chronic desperation.
9. Sir, no person or delegation prevailed on you to change your mind and re-contest in 2015 but the following reasons. The first is the massive movement of Hausa Fulani Muslims to southern Nigeria to register and vote for you in 2015. With this, you hope to secure the mandatory 25% of total votes cast in each of the 17 states in southern Nigeria. The current widespread confusion associated with PVCs distribution and registration of new voters in southern Nigeria is purposely engineered by INEC to accommodate this plan. The second is the plan by Professor Attahiru Jega to create 21,615 Polling Units for the north as against only 8,412 Polling Units for the south. Though Professor Jega had reluctantly suspended this plan which he designed to give you undeserved 10,807,500 votes, he had opted for Plan ‘B’ which is to replace commissioners in the south with those in the north in order to manipulate 2015 presidential elections in your favour. The third is Senator Tinubu’s promise to deliver Yoruba votes to APC in 2015. You believe this because Senator Tinubu had already demonstrated his willingness to repeat the mistake of Aare Ona Kakanfo Afonja of Oyo Empire who collaborated with itinerant Fulani charm maker, Alimi in 19th century to ‘donate’ Ilorin to itinerant Fulani herdsmen. Because of above reasons, you concluded that your chance to emerge victorious in any presidential election had never been so bright, hence, you prevailed on yourself to dishonor your promise and re-contest in 2015.
10. Sir, you are one of a few Nigerians who had been blessed by Allah/God, even to a fault. You have been a General Officer Commanding, Military Governor, Federal Commissioner of NNPC, Head of State and C-in-C of Federal Republic of Nigeria and Chairman of PTF just to mention a few. At a ripe age of 72, what do you want again from Allah/God? In 2011, ten  youth coppers were among hundreds of innocent non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians slaughtered by your supporters in northern Nigeria even before INEC announced the results of the presidential election. As if that is not bloody and despicable enough, you have promised to soak non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians whom you prefer to call ‘dogs and baboons’ in blood if you lose presidential election in 2015. If one may ask, after butchering these Nigerians you call ‘dogs and baboons’ in 2015, what next? Sir, you may be ‘untouchable’ with millions of human robots [almajiri supporters] at your command to do whatever you like here on earth, but note that one day, you will stand before your creator [Allah/God] alone for judgement.
11. People of Niger Delta believe that you are amongst core north politicians who sponsor Boko Haram terrorists and Fulani herdsmen to destabilize Jonathan’s administration. Consequently, if you win in 2015, they will also make your government ungovernable by disrupting oil and gas production throughout the period of your government. Due to non availability of funds, it will be difficult for governments at all levels to function. Funding for security forces will be considerably reduced thereby weakening their capacity and commitment to fight Boko Haram terrorists, Fulani herdsmen and militants in the creeks of Niger Delta. The environment so created will be conducive for Boko Haram terrorists to easily achieve their aim of establishing a Caliphate at least in north eastern states. The center will be too weak to enforce laws and order thereby encouraging ‘self help’ and gradual but sustained disintegration of the nation. Sir, with the same zeal that galvanizes you to continuously re-contest, please do use it to arrange for alternative sources of revenue because it will never be business as usual as far as oil and gas revenue is concerned, or else be prepared to go down in history as a Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachov of Nigeria.
12. And if you lose the presidential election in 2015, there will be serious problems also but unlike in 2011, you now have a reliable partner, Senator Tinubu in SWGZ. While you pledged to soak ‘dogs and baboons’ in blood in the north if you lose next year’s presidential election, your partner, Senator Tinubu equally promised to roast Nigerians alive in the south if APC does not win next year. Since both of you had never accepted defeat in any election however credible it may be, the country is most likely to go up in flames if you lose the presidential election. However, both of you have nothing to lose if that happens because each of you is above 60 years old. Secondly, while Tinubu can easily flee with his family in his private jet to ‘Toronto’, you also can evacuate your family to Sudan in your bullet proof jeeps. But Sir, as you orchestrate destruction of lives and properties of non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians in Hausa Fulani controlled parts of northern Nigeria, note that there are millions of innocent, hardworking, peace loving Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians living in the rest parts of Nigeria, because this time around, there may be disproportionate and uncontrolled reprisal attacks.
13. Sir, whether you win or not, your participation as a presidential candidate in 2015 will unleash unprecedented disaster on this nation. Please step aside for the sake of unity and survival of Nigeria. Anoint and give your total support to any northerner of your choice for the job. But Sir, if you decide to listen to the El Rufais whose primary aim is to use your popularity to achieve their political ambitions, you will definitely dismiss this suggestion and even the advise earlier given to you by the revered Sheik Gumi as arrant nonsense. May Allah/God grant our leaders the grace to conduct themselves as leaders.
Dr Deborah Nelson ( Email: email@example.com ) reports from Sobi, Ilorin, Kwara State.
*Photo Caption - VENUE: Abuja, DATE: December 9, 2010 - Buhari displays a clenched fist during his declaration of his intention to stand for the 2011 presidential election.
[ Masterweb Reports: Obituary ] - The burial of Mama Igbo Nneoma Catherine Warigbo Nwagbara, will take place at Umuyota, Umuawa Alaocha, Ohuhu in Umuahia North LGA of Abia State on Saturday, 22nd November , 2014 by 10am. The burial and funeral programme however starts from from Thursday, 20th November, 2014 at Central School, Umuawa Alaocha, Umuahia, Abia State.
Mama Igbo Nneoma Catherine Nwagbara was a leading Igbo woman leader of the defunct Igbo Union in Zaria and other towns in Northern Nigeria in the 60s , a virtue her children and grand children like like Mazi Chuks Ibegbu, Ojeozi Ndigbo the 3rd and a well known Chieftain of Ohanaeze Ndigbo learnt from her.
MAMA IGBO CAME , SAW AND CONQUERED. She died a celebrated age of 100.
MAY HER SOUL REST IN THE BOSSOM OF THE LORD. AMEN
TRIBUTES MAY BE SENT ON OR BEFORE THE END OF OCTOBER 2014.
RADIO , TV AND NEWSPAPER AND SOCIAL MEDIA GOODWILLS ARE ALSO WELCOME.
IGBO INFORMATION NETWORK.
Phone: 08035410176, 08056741425
*Photo Caption - Obituary cross.
[ Masterweb Reports: Press Release For Immediate Release ] - On behalf of the National Working Committee of Initiative for National Rebirth, the good people of Nigeria and Nigerians in Diaspora, we join the Host of Heaven to celebrate our principal and President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR on your 57th birthday celebration and thank God for His amazing grace upon your life. A life you have unambiguously dedicated to the service, uplifting and promotion of humanity. May God continue to magnify you before the world and make you wax stronger.
As a bridge builder, we are convinced that your re-election in 2015 will herald peace in the country and foster unity among various ethnic nationalities to achieve your vision of the NIGERIAN PROJECT. Be assured sir, of our continuous support and co-operation at all times for the common good of Nigeria.
You are indeed a true and outstanding advocate of generational and transformational change.
A leader of everything that symbolizes progress, prosperity and excellence. Indeed a trailblazer yet too humble, whose trademark is empowerment. A rare leader, an institution in building humanity.
We pray that the Almighty God will grant you good health, long life and more wisdom as you continue to serve our country with more commitment and love. You have shown greater commitment to infrastructural development and better deal for the citizens of this great country of ours.
As you add this one glorious year to your sojourn on earth, we ask the almighty God to add more healthy and fruitful years to your days, that you may leave more enduring legacies for generations yet unborn through quality service.
Your energy, intellect and humility have separated you, THE MAN from THE BOYS. The story of development and growth in Nigeria today under your quintessential leadership, rekindles our hope in the NIGERIAN PROJECT; that with focused leadership, we can still get things right.
You have also proved book makers wrong by your remarkable and enviable achievements in the health sector by the eradication of the dreaded Ebola Virus Disease which had prompted the World Health Organization certifying Nigeria Ebola-Free nation. It is a testimony of your doggedness, uncommon intellect, focused leadership and co-operation of Nigerians.
Your administration many successful exploits in education, infrastructure development, agriculture, health, youth employment and empowerment, road construction aviation etc stand you out among equals. Your development records and bold steps as a bold and quiet achiever, a lover of sports and manager of resources are evident testimonies for all to see.
It was on this verge that your Declaration of Intent to run for the 2015 Presidential Election under the Peoples Democratic Party comes 14th February 2015 was quite commended by Nigerians in order to consolidate on the gains and laudable achievements of your TRANSFORMATION AGENDA.
As you mark your 57th birthday today 20th November 2014, you deserved more than a birthday card from the good people of Nigeria, rather we urge Nigerians to deliver their electoral mandate as a token of appreciation to the NIGERIAN CONSENSUS CANDIDATE, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan comes 14th February 2015.
Happy birthday Sir!
Patrick Okpomu National Coordinator
Pastor kayode Elijah Dep. National Coordinator
Dick Chukwubuike National Secretary
Alhaji Isah Hashem National Treasurer
Femi Oladimedi National Publicity Secretary
M.Z. Umar National organizing Secretary
Hon. Ahmad Umar National Youth Leader
Mrs. Joyce Okpomu National Financial Secretary
Dinah Yakubu National Women Leader
Uchebuakor Prudence Chisaa National Welfare Officer
Chief Charles Okereke Co-ordinator USA
Benjamin Ogbebulu Co-ordinator Europe
*Photo Caption - President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan - LEFT; Patrick Okpomu - RIGHT.
[ Masterweb Reports ] - I have just released the only book I’ve ever written on turning ideas into money and I’m going to give it to you for FREE! (No, that is not a typo – you’ll get it FREE!) It’s called From Idea To Money. Why am I giving From Idea To Money away (to you) for FREE? It is because I want to help. I struggled through life for many years pretending everything was okay - I do not want you to do the same. I'm going to give away From Idea To Money to help you and........ Read More & Get A Copy. [ Advert by Brian Chris Egbulonu ]
*Photo Caption - As seen.