[ Masterweb Reports ] - Our attention has been drawn to the malicious and false publication by THISDAY online of November 26, 2014, to the effect of Abia PDP Appeal Panel disqualifying Orji’s Son wherein it asserted partly that: “The alleged scheming by Governor Theodore Orji to foist his son, Chinedu, as a member, and possibly Speaker, of Abia State House of Assembly in 2015 on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) may have hit the rocks following the disqualification of the aspirant (Chinedu) by the party’s assembly screening appeal panel.
“The panel, which recommended the disqualification of the governor’s son, comprised Augustus Mbanali (Chairman), Emmanuel Ogunsalu (member) and Emeka Odenigwe (member/secretary).
“Among the reasons for the disqualification of Orji junior who is gunning for Umuahia central state constituency, was the allegation of being a member of a secret society, the Black Axe Confraternity.
“A confessed member of the society in Umuahia had identified Chinedu as not only a fellow member, but actually the Capo (Head) of the cult.”
That is not only false but also embarrassing and offensive as the totality of this publication is also diversionary and made in bad faith.
The said offensive publication is hereby refuted as not only being offensive but also defamatory in nature, false, mischievous and devoid of any shred of proof and maliciously made by the reporter in a bid to assail the hard earned integrity of Engr. Chinedum Orji.
It is on record that Engr. Chinedum Orji is not, and has not been a member of a secret cult as alleged in the said publication.
It is also on record that Engr. Chinedum Orji in a show of humility and compliance with the PDP rules and regulations presented himself for screening at the Finbarrs Road party secretariat on the 6th and 7th November 2014, wherein he was vetted and screened and consequently was issued a provincial clearance certification dated 7th November 2014 with serial number: 0000027 and Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji boldly written on it.
And there has never been any indictment or petition against his candidacy for any appeal panel to look into and hence there was no disqualification whatsoever. That one begins to imagine the source of the said publication which is at best the figment of the imagination of the reporter which is highly defamatory, maliciously made to injure the credit, character, reputation of Engr. Chinedum Orji to public shame, ridicule, odium and contempt for which it’s demanded that the said false and defamatory publication be retracted forthwith with apology as there must be a limit within the law of freedom of the press not when it’s as instant case, scandalous, embarrassing and defamatory.
Chief Press Secretary to Abia State Governor
*Photo Caption - PDP logo
[ Masterweb Reports ] – The tenure of Ambassador Chukwudi Newington Okafor, the Nigerian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand has not only heralded several improvements amongst Nigerians living in Thailand but has also moved Nigerians in Thailand in an upward progression in terms of discipline, co-operation and the overall push towards rebranding and repositioning Nigeria’s image in Thailand. Prior to the arrival of Ambassador Chukwudi many Nigerians in Thailand claimed that the Nigerian embassy in Bangkok and her activities in actuality remained alien and unresponsive to the needs and demands of its diplomatic responsibilities towards Nigerian nationals living in Thailand. Many Nigerians had reported some years back that the mission, the vision, and the diplomatic actions of the Nigerian embassy in Bangkok lacked the required diplomatic tenets. By then, going to the embassy as some claimed used to be frightening for many Nigerians, in addition to the fact that the long wait and rude behavior of some of the officials showed that it was....... Read More
*Photo Caption - Map of Thailand
[ Masterweb Reports ] - “The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.” Anais Nin. For Uchendu Precious Onuoha the above citation implies. For the Nigerian born journalist and writer living in Madrid Spain, he has been consistent and boldly saying what others could not say from Spain. For the past three years he came on board as a writer, and foreign correspondent in Spain for the Daily Independent Newspaper and special correspondent to Nigeria Masterweb, he has brought to limelight Nigerians living in Spain through regular reports and publications about Nigerians in Spain and the activities of the Nigerian Embassy as it affects the life and welfare of Nigerians in Diaspora Spain. During this period, the Special Correspondent who is a talented writer and author wrote a book titled; The Road We Travelled, A Memoire of Two Worlds, published by iUniverse in U.S.A. The book which has been translated into Spanish language is currently making waves in Spain and other Spanish speaking countries.
According to the lyrics of the song by Bette Midler; “from a distance, God is watching us”…Unknown to the writer, the American Embassy in Spain has been watching from a distance and keeping track of his works and publications in the media. Recently he was invited for an interview at the Embassy in Spain where he was asked questions about his book, press interviews, and newspaper publications. In recognition of his works and activities in the media, the U.S.A. embassy offered him two years multiple visas as a special correspondent. This is a class of visa given to only recognized top class media professionals. By this he is privileged to cover events as an authorized foreign correspondent in the U.S.A. within the period.
Among those who commended Onuoha for his recognition include, Ambassador Bianca Ojukwu, the Nigerian Ambassador in Spain, ex- president Olusegun Obasanjo to whom he is acclaimed to be his twin brother, and Ted Iwere, the MD of the Daily Independent Newspaper Nigeria. Ambassador Bianca, who expressed her happiness, commended the journalist for his diligence and strides towards his profession saying that it’s quite a spectacular feat to be given approval and recognition by such a foreign authority. Ex-president Obasanjo, in His text message to the twin brother wrote; Congratulations and more grease to your elbow. Also in his message, Ted Iwere the MD of the Daily Independent stated that it was great. The publisher of the Nigeria Master web, Chief Charles Okereke also called to congratulate Onuoha.
*Photo Caption - Uchendu Precious Onuoha, Nigerian born journalist and writer living in Madrid Spain.
[ Masterweb Reports ] - Abia State Governor, Chief Theodore Orji, says his administration is willing to partner University of Nigeria, Nsukka, in any field of
The Governor stated this at the Government House, Umuahia, when he met with the Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof. Benjamin Ozumba and other principal officers of the school who paid him a courtesy visit. According to him, Abia State government is ready to open up discussions with the school towards a lasting partnership.
He thanked the Vice Chancellor for being the first from the UNN to visit him and expressed the hope that the visit will open windows of opportunity between the school and Abia State government.
Governor Orji noted that the university has done a lot in producing people of substance who occupy various positions in society today. He stated that the essence of governance is to impact on the people and disclosed that his government has done a lot in the area of health and academics.
The Governor revealed that Abia has excelled in academics and maintained the second position in WAEC in the past two consecutive years. Earlier in his speech, Prof. Ozumba said their visit was to build a partnership with Abia State government and appreciated the Governor for his laudable programmes in the state.
He said he appreciates the import of the position of Governor Orji as the chairman of the South East Governors' Forum and implored him to lend a helping hand to the university.
*Photo Caption -Governor Chief Theodore Orji
[ Masterweb Reports: Dr Deborah Nelson reports ] - 1. Majority of politicians who encourage you to re-contest in 2015 do not share in your vision. Most of them, especially Hausa Fulani politicians, want to ride on your popularity to victory politically. Today, even Mallam El Rufai who insulted you and described you as a ‘perpetually unelectable’ politician in 2010 is now singing your praises. So, what has changed between then and now other than El Rufai’s selfish desire to use you to achieve his political ambition? Just take a look at his campaign posters in Kaduna and judge for yourself. This was the same reason that led to massive influx of politicians, mostly Hausa Fulani politicians into CPC in 2011. They know that without you, they are politically dead, hence, they will continue to flatter you, insult your perceived political opponents and pretend to support you in order to ensure your continuous participation in partisan politics for their selfish interests.
2. Most Nigerian politicians are thieves, including members of your party, APC. Currently, all lawmakers in NASS, irrespective of party affiliation, are cooperating amongst themselves to steal public funds. If any of them or any Nigerian politician believes that you will fight corruption if elected into office as Nigerian president, he or she will not vote for you. Do not be deceived because they are into politics primarily to steal public funds and protect their ill gotten wealth as long as they live. In addition, there are thousands of very corrupt and influential Nigerians such as ex-presidents, ex-governors, contractors, etc who had already corruptly enriched themselves. As long as these thieves are alive, they will go to any length to ensure that your path to Aso Rock Villa is strewn with impassable obstacles.
3. You supported introduction of Sharia Laws in the north in 2000 and advised Muslims to vote only for politicians who would protect Islam. When ex-Governor Yerima was criticized for amputating a Muslim’s hand for stealing, you supported it and asked’ what is wrong if, according to Sharia Laws, Muslims cut off another Muslim’s hand for stealing?’ You said that Boko Haram terrorists were fighting for their rights like Niger Delta militants did. You also called on Federal Government to grant them amnesty and stop dropping bombs on ‘innocent northerners’. In recognition of your support, Boko Haram terrorists nominated you to lead their delegation for negotiation with Federal Government. A member of European Parliament, Mr Franz Obermayr accused you of sponsoring Boko Haram terrorists, but up till date you have not reacted to this weighty allegation. Also, you have not even for once condemned the on going widespread destruction of lives and properties of northern minorities by Fulani herdsmen in the north. Because of these amongst others, you are the most popular living politician amongst Hausa Fulani Muslims, especially Islamic fundamentalists who believe that you are the ‘Amir’ who will surely implement Sharia Laws in Nigeria. For the same reasons Sir, non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians fear and detest you with a passion, especially northern minorities who are being butchered daily by Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram terrorists.
4. You won a total of 12,214,853 votes during the presidential election in 2011. Out of these, you got 10,078,356 votes [82.5% of the votes]from Hausa Fulani and Kanuri dominated states in North West Geopolitical Zone [NWGZ] and North East Geopolitical Zone [NEGZ]. From your geopolitical zone alone, NWGZ, you secured 53% [ 6,453,437 votes] of the total votes, [12,214,853 votes]. However, you did not secure the mandatory 25% of votes cast in any state in the south. Though you did not even campaign in those states, you expected Nigerians in those states to vote for you, Sir, what do you take them for? As expected, you said the elections were rigged in those states which you did not win, but free, fair and credible in those states which you won. The fact is that whether you campaign or not, you will always win elections in those Hausa Fulani and Kanuri dominated states. But Sir, the opinions held by a high percentage of the rest Nigerians about you are just too negative. Some of your praise singers are collaborating with Sahara Reporter Newspaper to produce bogus online opinion polls in your favour. Sir, you may wish to hold political rallies outside Hausa Fulani/Kanuri dominated towns to see things for yourself.
5. Sir, your real supporters are product of Almajiri System of Islamic Education whose upbringing does not permit independent and logical analysis of any situation. They are programmed to accept whatever their leaders tell them without reasoning. They consider the use of violence to settle any dispute as a norm and they rarely travel out of their immediate environments. They believe that implementation of Sharia Laws will transform Nigeria into a paradise and they strongly believe that you are the only trustworthy politician who will guarantee Sharia Laws in Nigeria. They believe that Hausa Fulani Muslims constitute 80% of Nigerian population and because of this mindset, they conclude that you must win in any election even if nobody votes for you in other parts of the country. Unfortunately Sir, you also believe that you are so popular that no Nigerian politician can defeat you in a free and fair election, hence, your penchant to condemn any election as being rigged whenever you do not win. Sir, the truth is, most non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians do not want you as their leader for whatever reason.
6. Judging from your antecedent Sir, election is only free, fair and credible when you win. You emerged as a presidential candidate in 2003, 2007 and 2011 through consensus arrangement. You want APC’s presidential candidate, preferably you, to emerge through consensus. Now, Hausa Fulani pressure groups such as ACF and NEF have sprung into action to cause Tambuwal, Atiku and Kwankwaso to step down for you. As for Sam Nda-Isaiah, since he is not a Hausa Fulani Muslim, ACF and NEF do not consider it worthy to even approach him to step down for you. Sir, if you are as popular as you believe, please go through indirect primary election with the rest presidential aspirants, stop begging Senator Tinubu to anoint you APC’s presidential candidate and withdraw your ‘attack dogs’ from further intimidating other presidential aspirants to step down for you.
7. Sir, you are reputed to be an incorruptible retired General with impeccable integrity. These two qualities had been your unique selling points amongst politicians, but two decisions you took of recent have cast doubt on them. In 2011 you promised that you would never contest for elective office again and sealed it with a rich dose of tears. Last month in Abuja, you dishonored that promise because according to you, many Nigerians begged you to come and ‘rescue the nation’. You said a delegation from Niger state and another one from Kano state came to beg you. Sir, can you also mention any delegation that begged you from any non-Hausa Fulani state, none for sure. Recently, you said Mallam El Rufai was the one who prevailed on you to change your mind. You described him as ‘ a kind of person that will respect you if you respect yourself and if you don’t respect yourself, he will help you go down the drain.’ Sir. when he insulted you and described you as a ‘perpetually unelectable ‘ person in 2010, was it because you did not respect yourself? Sir, it seems you have embraced doublespeak as a tool in your political career, so, under what circumstance will it be advisable for Nigerians to believe anything you say again?
8. Sir, as if the self-mutilation of your much trumpeted ‘impeccable integrity’ was not enough, you told Nigerians how you got a loan of N27.5 million on a ‘man know man basis’ from a Bank in Kaduna by telephone call in less than 12 hours without a collateral to buy APC nomination forms. Sir, these are your words ‘ N27.5 million is a big sum, thankfully I have a personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and early this morning, I put an early call, I told him that very soon the forms are coming so, whether I am on red or green or even black, please honour it, otherwise I may lose the nomination’. Sir, please, ignore your ‘praise singers and attack dogs’ but enlist the services of lawyers who will be sincere and bold enough to explain the full weight of this transaction to you. Every aspect of this transaction is corruption personified. If you are this poor, whether you win or not, how do you intend to repay the loan? How will you fund your campaigns? Is it the right thing for a poor person to borrow N27.5 million from a bank without collateral and invest the whole money in gambling [politics]? Sir, a lot of questions begging for answers. In a society where politicians respect themselves and do not see election as a do or die issue, the least you ought to have done since, is to return people’s money [N27.5m] to the owners [the Bank], apologize to Nigerians and withdraw from partisan politics. But here in Nigeria, anything goes, especially when one’s ability to reason objectively is irretrievably impaired by ‘born-to-rule’ syndrome and chronic desperation.
9. Sir, no person or delegation prevailed on you to change your mind and re-contest in 2015 but the following reasons. The first is the massive movement of Hausa Fulani Muslims to southern Nigeria to register and vote for you in 2015. With this, you hope to secure the mandatory 25% of total votes cast in each of the 17 states in southern Nigeria. The current widespread confusion associated with PVCs distribution and registration of new voters in southern Nigeria is purposely engineered by INEC to accommodate this plan. The second is the plan by Professor Attahiru Jega to create 21,615 Polling Units for the north as against only 8,412 Polling Units for the south. Though Professor Jega had reluctantly suspended this plan which he designed to give you undeserved 10,807,500 votes, he had opted for Plan ‘B’ which is to replace commissioners in the south with those in the north in order to manipulate 2015 presidential elections in your favour. The third is Senator Tinubu’s promise to deliver Yoruba votes to APC in 2015. You believe this because Senator Tinubu had already demonstrated his willingness to repeat the mistake of Aare Ona Kakanfo Afonja of Oyo Empire who collaborated with itinerant Fulani charm maker, Alimi in 19th century to ‘donate’ Ilorin to itinerant Fulani herdsmen. Because of above reasons, you concluded that your chance to emerge victorious in any presidential election had never been so bright, hence, you prevailed on yourself to dishonor your promise and re-contest in 2015.
10. Sir, you are one of a few Nigerians who had been blessed by Allah/God, even to a fault. You have been a General Officer Commanding, Military Governor, Federal Commissioner of NNPC, Head of State and C-in-C of Federal Republic of Nigeria and Chairman of PTF just to mention a few. At a ripe age of 72, what do you want again from Allah/God? In 2011, ten  youth coppers were among hundreds of innocent non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians slaughtered by your supporters in northern Nigeria even before INEC announced the results of the presidential election. As if that is not bloody and despicable enough, you have promised to soak non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians whom you prefer to call ‘dogs and baboons’ in blood if you lose presidential election in 2015. If one may ask, after butchering these Nigerians you call ‘dogs and baboons’ in 2015, what next? Sir, you may be ‘untouchable’ with millions of human robots [almajiri supporters] at your command to do whatever you like here on earth, but note that one day, you will stand before your creator [Allah/God] alone for judgement.
11. People of Niger Delta believe that you are amongst core north politicians who sponsor Boko Haram terrorists and Fulani herdsmen to destabilize Jonathan’s administration. Consequently, if you win in 2015, they will also make your government ungovernable by disrupting oil and gas production throughout the period of your government. Due to non availability of funds, it will be difficult for governments at all levels to function. Funding for security forces will be considerably reduced thereby weakening their capacity and commitment to fight Boko Haram terrorists, Fulani herdsmen and militants in the creeks of Niger Delta. The environment so created will be conducive for Boko Haram terrorists to easily achieve their aim of establishing a Caliphate at least in north eastern states. The center will be too weak to enforce laws and order thereby encouraging ‘self help’ and gradual but sustained disintegration of the nation. Sir, with the same zeal that galvanizes you to continuously re-contest, please do use it to arrange for alternative sources of revenue because it will never be business as usual as far as oil and gas revenue is concerned, or else be prepared to go down in history as a Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachov of Nigeria.
12. And if you lose the presidential election in 2015, there will be serious problems also but unlike in 2011, you now have a reliable partner, Senator Tinubu in SWGZ. While you pledged to soak ‘dogs and baboons’ in blood in the north if you lose next year’s presidential election, your partner, Senator Tinubu equally promised to roast Nigerians alive in the south if APC does not win next year. Since both of you had never accepted defeat in any election however credible it may be, the country is most likely to go up in flames if you lose the presidential election. However, both of you have nothing to lose if that happens because each of you is above 60 years old. Secondly, while Tinubu can easily flee with his family in his private jet to ‘Toronto’, you also can evacuate your family to Sudan in your bullet proof jeeps. But Sir, as you orchestrate destruction of lives and properties of non-Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians in Hausa Fulani controlled parts of northern Nigeria, note that there are millions of innocent, hardworking, peace loving Hausa Fulani/Kanuri Nigerians living in the rest parts of Nigeria, because this time around, there may be disproportionate and uncontrolled reprisal attacks.
13. Sir, whether you win or not, your participation as a presidential candidate in 2015 will unleash unprecedented disaster on this nation. Please step aside for the sake of unity and survival of Nigeria. Anoint and give your total support to any northerner of your choice for the job. But Sir, if you decide to listen to the El Rufais whose primary aim is to use your popularity to achieve their political ambitions, you will definitely dismiss this suggestion and even the advise earlier given to you by the revered Sheik Gumi as arrant nonsense. May Allah/God grant our leaders the grace to conduct themselves as leaders.
Dr Deborah Nelson ( Email: email@example.com ) reports from Sobi, Ilorin, Kwara State.
*Photo Caption - VENUE: Abuja, DATE: December 9, 2010 - Buhari displays a clenched fist during his declaration of his intention to stand for the 2011 presidential election.
[ Masterweb Reports: Nosa Osazuwa reports ] - Nigerian students from different parts of the country stormed the premises of the Ikeja High Court, Lagos during the Thursday November 20, 2014 hearing in the coroner’s inquest into the collapsed Synagogue, Church Of All Nations building.
The placard-carrying students called on the Federal Government as well as the Lagos State Government to face the real issues and avoid the diversionary tactics aimed at witch-hunting Prophet T.B. Joshua, whom they described as a fatherly figure.
The students observed that unless the government made tangible efforts to address pertinent issues surrounding the collapse of the church building, they would have no choice than to embark on a nation-wide mass protest in solidarity with Joshua.
According to a spokesperson for the students and a student of the Delta State University, Abraka, who preferred anonymity: “Please, government should leave this man alone; he has been like a father to us, giving us scholarships and supporting our cause. We wonder why a residential area should become a training route for military aircraft. Why cover up the truth in pursuit of lies? If government fails to address some of these pertinent questions begging for answers, we will mobilize all Nigerian students for a mass protest nationwide in solidarity with our father, Prophet T.B. Joshua”.
Meanwhile, the police witness, DSP Olushola Agboyi, still maintained his position that the Synagogue building collapsed as a result of sabotage through an explosion with either electronic or chemical devices.
Despite subtle threats from the magistrate, he stood his ground saying, “I have firm belief through thorough investigation conducted by me and my men that we can’t rule out the issue of sabotage. I came to the conclusion that it was a case of either chemical or electronic demolition due to the following three facts: first, when I got to the scene of the incident, I discovered the buildings fell with floors laying on each other. Secondly, I discovered that the smoke like particles from the video is typical of explosions which I learnt from my training as a police officer. Thirdly, the building fell in one swoop and in seconds which is a clear example of controlled demolition."
Finally, the counsel to the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Olalekan Ojo, explained why Prophet T.B. Joshua could not make it to the coroner’s inquest. He insisted that the prophet, as the chief mourner, had a lot of responsibility on his shoulders especially in lieu of the repatriation of 74 of the victims’ bodies to South Africa.
“As you can see from the antecedents of this coroner, even if he had come today, it would have been a sheer waste of time since only one witness spoke whereas three were scheduled to. Also, he is very busy attending to the needs of the victims," he said.
The inquest, which closed unexpectedly early, is due to continue on Friday 21st November 2014.
Nosa Osazuwa has been present at the Ikeja High Court from the beginning of the coroner's inquest.
*Photo Caption - T. B. Joshua
[ Masterweb Reports ] - Sports loving Governor of Abia State, Chief Theodore Orji, has congratulated Enyimba Football Club of Aba for defeating Dolphins FC of
Port Harcourt 2-1 in this year's Federation Cup final played at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos.
In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Charles Ajunwa, Governor Orji who thanked the Aba-based team for winning the FA cup back-to-back, said he was proud of the boys and their management team for giving him and the people of the state something to cherish after they finished second in the Glo Premier League.
He also thanked the Enyimba's supporters for their continued support to the team adding that their presence at the stadium spurred the people's elephant to win the coveted trophy.
Governor Orji who attributed Enyimba's victory over Dolphins FC to their discipline and tactical approach to the match, said his government would continue to invest in sports development in the state.
*Photo Caption - Governor Chief Theodore Orji
[ Masterweb Reports: Obituary ] - The family of Marcus Nwagbara of Umuyota, Umuawa-Alaocha, Ohuhu in Umuahia North LGA of Abia State announce with gratitude to the Will of God the passing to eternal glory of their matriarch Nneoma Catherine Titi Warigbo Nwagbara.
She died at the age of one hundred years (100 years).
BURIAL ARRANGEMENTS IS AS FOLLOWS:-
FRIDAY 21ST NOVEMBER, 2014 WAKE KEEP AT HER FAMILY COMPOUND, UMUYOTA, UMUAWA ALAOCHA, OHUHU IN UMUAHIA NORTH LGA.
SAT. 22ND NOVEMBER, 2014, INTERMENT AT HER FAMILY COMPOUND.
SUNDAY 23RD NOVEMBER, 2014 CHURCH OUTING AT ALL SAINTS METHODIST CHURCH UMUAWA- ALAOCHA , UMUAHIA.
SHE IS SURVIVED BY TEN CHILDREN , MANY GRANDCHILDREN , GREAT GRANDCHILDREN AND RELATIONS.
MAY HER GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE . AMEN.
CHIEF OBINNAYA NWAGBARA
FOR THE FAMILY
*Photo Caption - A grave
[ Masterweb Reports: Nosa Osazuwa reports ] - At the Friday November 21, 2014 sitting of the coroner’s inquest into the collapsed Synagogue, Church Of All Nations building, the court was told that the building materials used for the construction of the collapsed building were approved by the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON).
This submission was made by the Director in charge of Inspectorate and Compliance at SON, Engineer Bede Obayi. According to him, iron rod samples taken for test at different laboratories showed that they were good and met the standard requirement. He raised reservations over the standard of the concrete debris, stating that the sample they took was slightly below the required density. However, he posited that the result could have been influenced by the pressure factor of the collapsed building, which makes it indeterminate in concluding if this contributed to the collapse.
Engineer Obayi also expressed surprise about the speed at which the building collapsed, fuelling speculations that the controlled demolition theory was indeed plausible. "Candidly, I am surprised at the rate and speed the building collapsed. It’s quite unusual and I believe it should be investigated. I also admit that the result of the test conducted on the debris is suspect. Due to the technicality involved, our investigation is inconclusive. I was not involved in the observation neither did I participate in the conduct of the test. I don't even know any of the people saddled with the responsibility of conducting the test. We went for test in three labs and the final reports indicated that most of the materials used in the Synagogue building met our standard requirements. All the sources used were also approved SON sources."
Meanwhile, members of the public and other interested parties attending the hearing have voiced out their reservations about the biased manner in which the magistrate seems to be handling proceedings at the inquest. Some of them who spoke to the media on conditions of anonymity complained of the magistrate’s partial disposition. They observed that he was always visibly harsh on witnesses who gave evidence which seemed to support the controlled demolition theory. Others said his disposition was suggestive of a calculated attempt by the state to persecute a particular party, stressing that the inquest has lost its integrity
In another development, counsel to The SCOAN, Olalekan Ojo has filed an application challenging the jurisdiction of the magistrate for encroaching on matters beyond the scope of the inquest by inviting Prophet T.B. Joshua, who was not a witness to the incident. He said the primary scope of the inquest was to determine the cause of death and not pry into private matters that bear no consequence on it.
On his part, the magistrate, Oyetade Komolafe granted the request of the counsel saying, “I am not against Prophet T.B. Joshua and Lagos State is not against him. I will respect the law and await the report or verdict of the High Court. Therefore, I will hands off the issue of inviting him as a witness for now till the outcome from the High Court."
The hearing was adjourned to December 3, 2014.
Nosa Osazuwa, citizen reporter was present during the inquest.
*Photo Caption - Rescue workers Tuesday September 16, 2014 search for survivors in the rubble of Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Lagos- Nigeria collapsed building. The building collapsed September 12, 2014.
[ Masterweb Reports: Obituary ] - The burial of Mama Igbo Nneoma Catherine Warigbo Nwagbara, will take place at Umuyota, Umuawa Alaocha, Ohuhu in Umuahia North LGA of Abia State on Saturday, 22nd November , 2014 by 10am. The burial and funeral programme however starts from from Thursday, 20th November, 2014 at Central School, Umuawa Alaocha, Umuahia, Abia State.
Mama Igbo Nneoma Catherine Nwagbara was a leading Igbo woman leader of the defunct Igbo Union in Zaria and other towns in Northern Nigeria in the 60s , a virtue her children and grand children like like Mazi Chuks Ibegbu, Ojeozi Ndigbo the 3rd and a well known Chieftain of Ohanaeze Ndigbo learnt from her.
MAMA IGBO CAME , SAW AND CONQUERED. She died a celebrated age of 100.
MAY HER SOUL REST IN THE BOSSOM OF THE LORD. AMEN
TRIBUTES MAY BE SENT ON OR BEFORE THE END OF OCTOBER 2014.
RADIO , TV AND NEWSPAPER AND SOCIAL MEDIA GOODWILLS ARE ALSO WELCOME.
IGBO INFORMATION NETWORK.
Phone: 08035410176, 08056741425
*Photo Caption - Obituary cross.