|« Niger Delta: NDDC’s Wake-Up Call To Local Councils||ANALYSIS-Nigerian elections seal major power shift »|
*Nigeria As It Is Just Wont Do Anymore
( Article Submitted April 15, 2011 )
By Ikechukwu Enyiagu
Nigeria, as it is, as it has been since it became a name, just wont do anymore. The established structures just wont do anymore. Its history just won’t suffice for our children any longer, and the status quo is no longer a choice. Election is, and both disciples and Judas Iscariot are all in a queue. But, all these-the history of hell and the so-called former leaders in Nigeria-will fizzle out this season; they will die from their roots-be the men, principalities, and powers.
Nigerians went, and are still going to the polls to determine their future; this action is well required of men for what they expect. Having mastered the Nigeria politics of the old(which, of course, doesn’t need any degree to lay hold on), I hereby wish to advice, once again, those who would want to lead in any capacity in the Nigeria setting, to reconsider their plans, ambitions, and schemes before going ahead for the post they seek. This also goes for those already elected: I’m starting, of course, with the incumbent president, Goodluck Jonathan. ( Continues below….. )
Photo Above: President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria
Your desire to lead Nigeria into a better future is a good thing. Many Nigerians would readily agree that the nation needs the youths for a change as it seems that the old ones are struggling to carry our nation to the grave when they die. However, your name-Goodluck-, and your youthfulness are not exactly what will make a better leader for our dear nation. Your conscience is what will. So, instead of rooting your hope of becoming your dream in these two factors, it would be wiser to place your hope for victory in your truest conscience. What your conscience has determined to accept and reject where Nigeria is concerned is your score points in the new Nigeria, not just the votes.
To our retired general, Mohammed Buhari, I’m also saying that it’s a great thing and a good decision to run for this election, as you have clearly seen that many stones were left unturned years back. Many people who still remember your regime with Babatunde Idiagbon believe you can create the change needed. However, I’m here to advice you not to place your hope in whatever you may or may not have achieved in your time with Babatunde Idiagbon because, then, you were a military man and all you used was force, not democratic principles. And, even at that, the root of corruption was rather protected while the ordinary men suffered, not the other way round.
The people who destroy the country are not the little robbers in the streets or those deceitful in business, the root of corruption lies within the government that runs everything else. And you sat on it in your time but didn’t uproot it. ( Continues below….. )
Photo Above: Map of Nigeria showing its 36 states and capital (Abuja or FCT)
Now, to all those in this race, to everyone who has come out to run for any elective post in Nigeria, from the councillorship to the presidency, I passionately advise and sternly warn:
1. You are cursed when you are coming in to use Nigerians again.
2. You are cursed when you have determined how to embezzle the money in your office if elected
3. You are cursed when you believe that it’s your godfathers who will elect you and not the people.
4. You are cursed when you have a tribe, group or sect that you have mapped out to neglect and marginalize if and when elected.
5. You are cursed if you would encourage nepotism, bribery and corruption if and when elected.
6. You are cursed when you refuse to listen and adhere to godly advice, advice that will drive the nation’s dream upward and forward.
7. You are cursed when you have it in mind to appoint the very people who have embezzled their constituents and offices’ money into your cabinet, especially those who still have different questions to answer in different places.
You are cursed with a great curse that will take effect on you and your entire inhabitation and possession. And, if you are already elected by mistake or ignorance, you are cursed with the plagues of the Egyptians right from the day you allow yourself to be sworn into any of those offices till few days later that your corpse will be carried out. But, to all those who have really come out to make all things new, to bring equal rights for all, and to use the nation’s resources and wealth to develop Nigeria and Nigerians; to fight corruption from its root without fear, and to make yourselves available to bear the burdens of the country and its citizens as your own burdens, I say this:
1. You are blessed and your seeds are blessed.
2. Your works shall establish you and your name shall always precede you.
3. No one will successfully be able to weigh you down, though they keep on standing against you.
4. Peace shall be your and that of your household all your days, the kind of peace that stolen money and false securities will never be able to provide for any evil man.
5. You will have the rare privilege of discovering that the best way to safeguard your future and that of your families is to safeguard the future of your neighbors and that of the country.
You will be blessed from your root right from the day you enter the office till the day your soul goes to rest. The Nigeria of old just wont do anymore for me, my children, my neighbors, and my country; it just wont do for hell, and surely, it wont do for the great heavens above. To all of you would-be leaders, you are now adequately advised…and conclusively warned. A word, it’s rightly said, is enough for the wise.
Ikechukwu Enyiagu can be reached at
*Tags: Nigerians, Enugu, State, Coal, City, Milked, Forgotten, Abuja, Lagos, Africa, Masterweb
Comments are closed for this post.
*HOW TO USE NIGERIA MASTERWEB DAILY NEWS BLOG:
(1). To Post Articles:- Click on "Log in" above on the top left hand side of this page, then click on "Register" to set up an account to enable you post articles. Enter required fields including Username, Password and Email Address. You will be required to validate your email. Your membership will be approved 2 to 24 hours after your validation. Thereafter, go to the blog, click on "Log in" and log in and click on "Write" to post articles. *Returning members - click on "Log in" and log in and click on "Write" to post articles. It takes beteween 24 to 72 hours for posted articles to be released by moderators. ( Please note that only news articles can be published here. Unconfirmed reports and controversial articles are not allowed and will not be approved. )
(2). If you do not include your full name in posted articles, they will not be approved and will not be published.
(3). To Read Posted Articles/Blogs:- Just click on any of the "Categories" or "Sub-Categories" below