|« Fast Track Erosion Projects In South East, Gov. Obi Begs World Bank||Of United States & Oyo State »|
*The Politics Of The World: What Vanity!
By Ikechukwu Enyiagu
The politics of the world, what vanity! Until Israel my father’s ‘people’ began to demand for a king and said to faithful Samuel: “Give us a king to judge us;” “…That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles,” God has kept His place in their hearts. They have always received perfect justice', and mercy. But being ‘The glorious Man and God’ He is, He has given man freedom so that His justice, faithfulness and beauty will be seen by all. However, He had warned them of the burdens of man’s rulership over another. Through history, kings have ruthlessly compelled compliance and, the more the fight for dominance grew, the farther rebellion spreads. Until the time of what we now call ‘Democracy,” what the world had severally experienced had always been the same: ruthless quest for compelled rulership and dominion. But sadly, the democracy, which today looks as “the world’s” best, has not been able to stifle, advice or manage men whose insatiable and convulsive pleasures are derived from enslaving others. Yet, nothing rekindles this blazing fire of constant quest for dominion over another like the religious masks often worn by these men who have, in every way, rejected the rulership of the Most High God; they would do anything to compel and instill fear and obedience on the poor and armless class, but they would not as much as try to “reason together” with God – let alone “trying” as much as possible to believe even in one of His laws and accepting it as having come from the only true King whose rulership is founded and kept in love. So, with time, true leadership was replaced with a do-or-die battle for dominion. This is what they have called politics. And then one discovers that, to effectively run politics and effortlessly hold tight the grip on the rope of dominion, the spirit of mammon would have to play his role. It then became, mostly, “A physical battle for a spiritual dominion” on others. But what they would not hear is that any spiritual support for man’s domination of another for no reason would never have come from God. Today, the fight for supremacy and “super power” positions continues unabated, despite democracy. As a result, these are what we have facing us in the world today:
1. The Complacent America: America saw injustice and firmly stood for democracy – not only for themselves, but for other nations. The success of America suddenly became her cross and thorns because the insatiable quest for human rights and freedom wrongly interpreted made America so porous that it’s become a tottering glory. But America will not fall. Waking up very late, America discovers that, just like Israel is aware, enemies abound. The weight of maintaining relevance and the fear of losing all have become politics in itself. So, what we have in America today is not so much of a country with smiling faces, but a country trying to maintain “her interests” in different parts of the world. While Americans cry, the government – knowing fully well the implications of lowering the mast in a world of misplaced meaning of true leadership – kept the fire on.
2. The Aggressive Russia: After the wars of the world and the “cold war” which followed, Russia has always maintained and positioned her two fingers in the direction of America’s only two eyes. This is in no way a call for battle; rather, it’s a statement of equality and superiority. Why Russia opposes almost everything that has to do with America regarding affairs of the world, it does so, not because America stands wrong all the time, but with the realization that she stands between playing the second fiddle – thereby risking China’s invasion - and risking becoming the 3rd after China. It’s called politics – that’s what we have of those who “lead us.”
3. The Competitive China: While Russia is an aggressive competitor with America, China is mild, steady, capricious and focused – not only to compete with America, but to beat all and become number one. But China errs because, even though human justice which democracy portrays is still far from God’s intention for man, it remains far better than what China has offered so far in terms of rulership and relationship. To have a world where the present China with its laws of callousness is looked upon as the world power is to go back to the days of Nebuchadnezzar and his kingdom of idols compelled on all. Still, men of faith will rubbish his pride.
4. The Unfortunate Iran: I call Iran “Unfortunate” - not because it has no resources or manpower, but because its leadership is bent on destroying its citizenries. Iran claims to champion the course of Islam even though its Shia majority’s opinion of dominance and that Of Sunni-Saudi Arabia are a world apart. Iran’s dangerous quest to dominate, not only the Gulf region but also the entire world, compelled it, in trying to lure the Muslim world, to declare its intention of “wiping Israel off the map.” And even when Russia and China’s agenda for the US has always been clear, Iran came up with an agenda which, when supported and applied, will not only see an end to Iran, but Russia and China would burn along in the flame. This is so because, no matter the power left for the antichrist, he cannot devalue the price which Jesus Christ has paid for the world.
5. Israel, The Stubborn Heir: The beauty of God is that He loves His own. Having said that, I mean that, if He ever speaks a word, He will watch to see it come to fruition. Israel was chosen, not to spite the world, but to shine as a light which will direct many to the true God in a world filled with the filthiness of idolatry. Even though Israel was given the law and the prophets, what is written and spoken pertain to the world. It was to Israel that the message came first for a reason but many have rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ for a reason. The Israel we have today are a people whose sustenance are not kept by God’s justice but by His love, mercy and grace – waiting patiently for His word through Paul to be fulfilled which says: “I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: ‘The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.’ As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.” It’s in vain that those who seek to destroy Israel stay awake; it is equally not good for a world which has constantly rejected Christ.
6. The Loved Muslim World: God is the God of justice and impartiality; therefore, everyone is as equal before Him as the other. Being the God of omniscience, He chose Israel to start His breed for a reason. Even when the all-knowing God had said: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated"- Rom. 9:13, He was not preaching hate but revealing to man, before the love-sacrifice of Jesus, the immeasurable power of His love in the life of a man. And even when Abel’s offering was accepted while Cain’s was rejected, God was teaching Cain the richness there is in loving Him more than riches. Coming to Ishmael and Isaac, we all know that they are both children from Abraham’s loins. They were both the children of Abraham and they both were blessed of God: Ishmael was blessed with twelve rulers and Israel was blessed with twelve tribes. And, as I have already mentioned, God’s choice of Isaac as the seed of His redemption of man was for His glorious purposes – not for man’s politics. Jacob, Isaac’s son, started a journey which will culminate in the manifestation of Jesus Christ who will reconcile all men back by to God – their father. God’s work of redemption was divided so that men could contain it: He could have raised stones to worship Him if men refused. As St Paul rightly finally explained: “Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.” Today, the whole world still has the chance of being grafted into the “seed of Abraham”- into sonship in God. This is why Jesus Christ came: to bring Jews and Gentiles into the kingdom as equal heirs in God’s kingdom. So, the danger of the world the entire Muslim world is not Israel, and its ally – America; and the danger of the world is not satan: the danger is the rejection of Jesus Christ as the only Lord and Savior of mankind because, even though satan’s casting into the world brought tribulations to the world, just as the angel in the fire calmed the three Hebrew men in Babylon, Jesus Christ brought victory to His own. So, we are all one in God because, when God sent His son, He came and died for “the whole world” out of genuine love – to save it. A Gentile who accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior is better that a Jew who rejects Christ. Why is all this hatred against Israel, and where do we really think it will take the world to? Instead of dragging Jews’ place of worship for the sole aim of claiming equal sonship, why don’t we accept the word of Jesus when He said to the woman of Samaria: “believe me; a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” Wake up! Hear God calling on everyone as He once called Israel! Heed that call – heed it in Jesus Christ. Today, there is the wind of freedom blowing all over the Arab and Muslim world. The purpose is to make men inexcusable before God. The leaders should instill complete democracy and allow men to make their destiny. Why all the compulsion and murders when we have all refused to accept God or believe His word? ( Continues below..... )
Photo Above: U.S. President Barack Obama
Finally, I’d love to remind Russia and China that money is no king. To my brothers in the Arab world, I plead: Give your people the opportunity to choose whom to worship? Let no man compel his neighbor when God has brought freedom to all. God, who created everything without human aid, is able to answer those who accuse Him. To Iran: Stop wasting your resources in trying to destroy Israel; it will not work. Help your people; release them from the bondage you have kept them in. The reason terrorism has grown in the Muslim world is not because Islam tells you to kill everyone who is not a Muslim, it is simply because the leaders and those who lord it other others have refused to see that the worship of God is a personal thing because, in the end, every man must make a choice of eternity for himself. If God did not destroy the world to this moment, it’s because He is giving man ample time to consider his ways. You cannot send a man to hell fire simply by killing him, but a man can live in affluence and safety here and yet is a candidate of hell. Eternity is a choice and everyone is called to make his own choice. What we can do at best is to “warn” everyone – including ourselves - of the danger of following falsehood. Preach, exhort, warn, rebuke…but do not compel because God never compels anyone. Let the priority of the world and its leaders today focus on returning back to the God of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Let this mindset drive men to seek true justice for all and lay down arms. Those who kill by the sword shall die by the sword, and those who compel falsehood on others shall gnash their teeth. God has laid out His plan, and the purpose of God alone will prevail. May Jesus Christ be forever praised. Amen.
Ikechukwu Enyiagu can be reached at
This post has 3 feedbacks awaiting moderation...
*HOW TO USE NIGERIA MASTERWEB DAILY NEWS BLOG:
(1). To Post Articles:- Click on "Log in" above on the top left hand side of this page, then click on "Register" to set up an account to enable you post articles. Enter required fields including Username, Password and Email Address. You will be required to validate your email. Your membership will be approved 2 to 24 hours after your validation. Thereafter, go to the blog, click on "Log in" and log in and click on "Write" to post articles. *Returning members - click on "Log in" and log in and click on "Write" to post articles. It takes beteween 24 to 72 hours for posted articles to be released by moderators. ( Please note that only news articles can be published here. Unconfirmed reports and controversial articles are not allowed and will not be approved. )
(2). If you do not include your full name in posted articles, they will not be approved and will not be published.
(3). To Read Posted Articles/Blogs:- Just click on any of the "Categories" or "Sub-Categories" below